This documentation is still experimental and details are subject to changes as we iterate. Feel free to share your feedback on the discussion inside the working group for this page.
Moreover, it contains several manual steps. Please note that this won't be representative of the final developer experience once the New Architecture is stable. We're working on tools, templates and libraries to help you get started fast on the New Architecture, without having to go through the whole setup.
Getting Started with the New Architecture
This migration guide is designed for React Native library authors and application developers. It outlines the steps you need to follow to roll out the new Architecture, composed by the New Native Module system (Turbo Module) and the new Renderer (Fabric) to your Android and iOS libraries and apps.
Table of Contents
The guide is divided into five sections:
- Supporting the New Architecture in your Library
- Enabling the New Architecture in your Library
- Supporting the New Architecture in your App
- Prerequisites for Supporting the New Architecture in your App
- Enabling the New Native Module System (Turbo Module) in your App
- Enabling the New Renderer (Fabric) in your App
- React 18 & React Native