- You have some pick requests that qualify for a patch release and people have agreed it’s good to release a patch.
1. Check out the latest version from release branch
# Be on relevant release branch
# update the stable branch with tags
git pull origin <release-branch> --tags
# cherry pick relevant commits
git cherry-pick <commit>
# once done picking, push changes to the remote
2. Test the current changes
Before continuing further, follow the testing guide to ensure the release doesn't have any major issues.
# run a script to bump the version
# You most likely **don't** want this release marked as "latest"
./scripts/bump-oss-version.js --version x.y.z-rc.x --token circle-ci-token
4. Verify Upgrade helper is updated
- You should see a new publish job complete here which will be automatically triggered after a new tag is pushed to the
- If not, check out the guide on how to update Upgrade Helper.
5. Create a new patch discussion post using template below
<!-- Template for new patch -->
# Should we release 0.67.1?
Current Release: [0.67.0](https://github.com/facebook/react-native/releases/tag/v0.67.0)
Conversations on this thread are limited:
- [major release issues](https://reactnative.dev/contributing/release-faq#what-is-release-blocking).
- [qualified cherry-pick requests](https://reactnative.dev/contributing/release-faq#what-is-a-qualified-pick-request) of commits on main that [did not make the previous patch version](https://reactnative.dev/contributing/release-faq#how-do-i-know-if-my-fixfeature-is-in-a-certain-release).
Please include a link to the specific commit on main to be cherry-picked, for example: [facebook/[email protected]](https://github.com/facebook/react-native/commit/20b0eba581a00e5e7e300f6377379b836617c147)
In other words, if you cannot point to a particular commit on main, then your request likely belongs as a new issue.
If the issue is a [major release issues](https://reactnative.dev/contributing/release-faq#what-is-release-blocking), please reference the issue here.
#### List of qualified picks
<!-- Keep these in chronological order in time of commit -->
#### Local commits to backport to main
6. Update previous discussion post
- Label it
- Update the title saying the patch has been released and link to new patch discussion.
- Lock the discussion.
7. Create GitHub Release
Use template below for the GitHub Release:
<!-- Template for a stable patch -->
<!-- You can run `npx @rnx-kit/rn-changelog-generator --base v0.66.0 --compare v0.66.1 --repo path-to-repository/react-native --changelog path-to-repository/react-native/CHANGELOG.md` to generate the markdown for the cherry-picked changes. Make sure to use the right tags in the command and create a new PR with the changes generated by the changelog generator. You can read more about the changelog generator [here](https://github.com/microsoft/rnx-kit/tree/main/incubator/rn-changelog-generator). -->
- TODO Enumerate picks.
You can participate in the conversation on the status of this release in this [discussion](TODO: your discussion link)
To help you upgrade to this version, you can use the [upgrade helper](https://react-native-community.github.io/upgrade-helper/) ⚛️
You can find the whole changelog history in the [changelog.md file](https://github.com/facebook/react-native/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md).